Manuka Cir & New South Wales Cres
Forrest ACT 2603
We are looking for an energetic person to manage the station, engage with sponsors and Canberra’s arts and music community, and assist the ArtSound Board with planning for the future of the station in a changing media environment. This is a part-time position, which offers flexible hours.
ArtSound is an arts and music-focussed community radio station based at the Manuka Arts Centre in Canberra’s Inner South. It broadcasts on FM92.7 and 90.3, and through the website http://artsound.fm
As a not-for-profit incorporated association, it is governed by an elected Board of Management. ArtSound receives funding from Federal and Territory Government bodies, membership subscription and donations, and earns income from sponsors and users of its services.
As well as a small staff, ArtSound has about 100 volunteers, many of whom present or produce programs.
The Station Manager will lead a small team and have a commitment to implementing ArtSound’s strategic plan, available at http://www.artsound.fm/download/constitution-and-planning-documents/Artsound-Strategic-Plan-2017-21.pdf
He or she will report to the Board of Management, with key responsibility for management and administration of the station, including:
- Leading the marketing of ArtSound to current and potential clients, sponsors and arts partners
- Building relationships with stakeholders including artsACT, arts and music organisations and the Community Broadcasting Foundation
- Leading the development and management of volunteers
- Contributing to and implementing programming and other policies
- Coordinating grant applications and their acquittal, and exercising financial delegations.
Working hours and salary
This is a 20 hour per week position, with a competitive salary to be negotiated. The successful applicant will be offered a contract of employment for six months initially.
- Experience in community, public or commercial radio, preferably in a management role
- Relevant experience in marketing and promotion, including demonstrated ability to build financial partnerships with artists and arts organisations, other community and charitable groups and potential sponsors
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work productively with staff, contractors and volunteers
- Commitment and ability to implement strategic priorities
- Ability to manage a budget and identify, manage and acquit grants
- Experience working with a not-for-profit board of management
firstname.lastname@example.org, or text/leave message on 0405 587 972.
Applications should address the selection criteria, include a current CV and the names and contact details of two referees. Submit online through SEEK, or by email to email@example.com by Friday 16 February 2018.Download position description, Station Manager, ArtSoundFM